Weaving on a Rigid Heddle Loom is fun and easy. The looms are small and portable and your weaving can be as simple or as complex as you like. This class is for those new to weaving or established weavers looking for a way to make quick projects.
Class participants will learn how to direct warp the loom, how to do simple balanced weaving, how to identify and fix simple mistakes, and how to remove the finished project from the loom.
Rigid Heddle Looms are perfect for weaving with hand-knitting yarns. Participants will choose from a variety of yarns provided by BARN that will be used to make a scarf that they will finish by the end of class and take home with them.
- Skill Level: Universal - Beginners to advanced weavers. Ages: Ages 14+ welcome.
- Materials Fee: $15 (included in the price of class). Yarn for this class project will be provided.
- BARN is committed to accessibility. Tuition Assistance is available - click here to fill out the simple application before registering for a class. For those who might need physical assistance, please learn about BARN's Companion Program here.
- Bring a bag lunch. We have a refrigerator and a microwave for your use.
- Please click here for BARN's current COVID-19 health & safety protocols.
- Instructor: Terry Winer.