Visit Poulsbo Sons of Norway for Midtsommer, or Sankthansaften, on Liberty Bay. From 10-4pm, experience Taste of Norway street food; the Nordic Market with Scandinavian vendors; at noon at Waterfront Park, make a flower crown and witness the "maistang" pole raising, along with youth folk dancers. The evening culminates with the Midstommer bonfire where you'll hear the Poulsbo Sons of Norway Viking King’s Summer Solstice Proclamation. Here's the Taste of Norway food lineup:
- Pølse (frankfurter) w/Norwegian mustard, crisp onions & lompe (soft potato flatbread)
- Bolle (roll) with brunost (Norwegian goat cheese) or tyttebær (lingonberries)
- Rømmegrøt (sour creamed porridge)
- Sursild (pickled herring)
- Lefse (soft potato flatbread)An annual tradition, and a must to kick off the summer season!