If you want to start a vegetable garden or improve the one you have, Veg Club can help. Meets 1st Tuesdays at 6:30 PM on Zoom, it’s free! These classes cover everything from beginner basics to specialized local resources for experienced growers. And it’s free! Resources to Extend Your Growing Season In our March session, you'll learn how to make easy, mobile enclosures to protect early-season plants, make heat lovers more productive, and extend your harvest season. You learn to save space with adaptable trellises for everything from peas to tomatoes and set up simple, inexpensive lights to grow your own vegetable starts while outwitting slugs and promoting helpful soil life.
To Join Zoom Meeting https://krl.zoom.us/j/85709916..., the Meeting ID will be 857 0991 6119. One tap mobile +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 253 205 0468 US 2023.
Veg Club is presented in partnership with the Bainbridge Prepares Food Resiliency Team (because growing food is part of being prepared) and the Bainbridge Branch of the Kitsap Regional Library (because vegetable gardening is smart, healthy and cool). Check out our upcoming classes:
- April 4th: Creating Great Soil
- May 2nd: Common Pests and Diseases
- June 6th: Eat from Your Garden in Fall & Winter
- July 18th: Preserve Your Harvest (Field Trip to BARN)
- August 1st: Fruit Trees (Field Trip Fruit Club)
- September 5th: Storing Your Harvest in Garden, Garage, and Pantry
- October 3rd: Field Trip: Natural Fermentation Class (Field Trip to BARN)