Are you a looking for ways to get more deeply involved in improving your community while helping to connect people to local services, address neighborhood concerns and shape the future of Kitsap County?
County Commissioners seek advisory group members representing the diversity of our neighborhoods and communities who want to direct their expertise and lived experience to providing input on county programs, the distribution of funding and review of plans and policy. Your involvement in county government can help make Kitsap a better place to live for everyone.
Consider applying to serve on one of the many Kitsap County advisory groups. Members are appointed by county commissioners to serve as sounding boards and conduits between residents, communities, county staff and commissioners. The time commitment varies for each advisory group. Learn more about each group and find position descriptions for current vacancies at kcowa.us/advisorygroups.
Applications are currently being accepted for the following boards, committees and councils:
- Board of Equalization - North and Central Kitsap representatives
- Bremerton Ferry Advisory Committee - Bremerton-Seattle route rider
- Commission on Children & Youth Advisory Board - Central/South Kitsap youth
- Council for Human Rights - North Kitsap and At-Large representatives
- Manchester Community Advisory Council - Nebraska Neighborhood, At-Large
- Non-Motorized Facilities Community Advisory Committee - South Kitsap
- Noxious Weed Control Board - Central or South Kitsap, Bremerton
- Suquamish Community Advisory Council - At-Large representatives
Questions? Contact Rebecca Pirtle in the Commissioners' Office at email@example.com or call
Experience Kitsap’s goal is to increase awareness of cultural amenities within the Kitsap region.