Applications open for Kitsap County advisory groups.
Applications are open for vacancies on Kitsap County advisory groups. We're looking for community members who want to commit time to helping others and bring fresh perspectives to represent the diversity of Kitsap neighborhoods and communities. Draw on your interests, share your passions, bring your lived and professional experience to help develop and review plans and policies, make funding recommendations and ensure available resources and services are distributed equitably. Help us help everyone in Kitsap County prosper!
Advisory group members hold an important role as advocates and provide a vital communication link and sounding board between residents, neighborhoods, county staff and Commissioners.
Applications are being accepted for the following advisory groups. Click on titles below to learn more about the mission of each group and meeting schedule. Go to the advisory group website to find position descriptions and complete the online application:
- Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council - At-Large Representative
- Bainbridge Ferry Advisory Committee - Representative who is a regular rider of the Bainbridge-Seattle route
- Board of Equalization - North Kitsap and At-Large Alternate Represenatives
- Bremerton-Kitsap Access Television Advisory Committee - North Kitsap Representative
- Central Kitsap Community Council - College Student Representatives.
- Council for Human Rights – South & Central Kitsap Representatives
- Developmental Disabilities Advisory Board - At-Large Representatives (any area of the county)
- Manchester Community Advisory Committee – Schools and Nebraska and Colchester Neighborhood Representatives
- Mental Health, Chemical Dependency and Therapeutic Court Community Advisory Committee - North and Central Kitsap Representatives
- Planning Commission - North Kitsap Representative
For more information, contact Rebecca Pirtle in the Commissioners’ Office at firstname.lastname@example.org