PORT ORCHARD – On Friday the State of Washington is increasing some vehicle fees, most of them that will be applied when you purchase a vehicle. The new fees are part of a $17 billion transportation package approved by the Washington State Legislature earlier this year.
- Original car and truck license plates will be $50 each (Previously $10).
- Replacement plates for cars and trucks will be $30 each (Previously $10).
- Original motorcycle plates will be $20 (Previously $4).
- Replacement motorcycle plates will be $12 (Previously $4).
- Temporary permits provided by dealers to buyers will be $40 (Previously $15).
- Negotiable dealer documentation fees will be $200 (Previously $150).
- The Stolen Vehicle Check will be $50 (Previously $15) for all out-of-state vehicles.
- The Vehicle Weight and Truck Weight (for trucks weighing 12,000 pounds or less) fees increase by $10.
More information about the fees and the legislation is available at dol.wa.gov.