Kitsap County Solid Waste Division and its partners Washington Department of Ecology and Navy City Metals will host a free tire and metal collection event for households on June 10, 2023, at the Kitsap County Fairgrounds Thunderbird Arena. Saturday, June 10, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. at the Thunderbird Arena - 1275 Fairgrounds Rd. NW.
Event limitations and safety
- Households only - no businesses
- Visitors must unload their items onto the ground without staff assistance.
- Bathrooms are not available at this event.
- Secure Your Load for Safer Roads. Unsecured loads cause over 300 crashes in Washington every year and cause up to 40% of roadside litter. Let's change that. Secure your load every time, no matter how short the distance or size of your load.
- Tires - limit 15 per customer. With or without rims. Tires from passenger vehicles, light trucks, motorcycles, lawn mowers or wheelbarrows.
- Metal - aluminum, brass, copper, iron/steel or insulated copper. Examples:
- BBQ grills
- Wheelbarrows - remove tires
- Chain link fencing and rebar
- Tire rims
- Nuts, bolts, screws, washers and other metal findings
- Pots and pans
- Holiday string lights (no LED) and extension cords
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Small metal appliances that do not refrigerate (toasters, microwaves, etc.)
- No commercial tires.
- No large appliances, refrigerating appliances, mercury, batteries, auto parts, lawnmowers, LED string lights, pressurized gas tanks, concrete (such as on rebar or fence posts) or items containing liquid.
Questions? Contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 337-5777.