TRAFFIC ALERT: Overnight travelers on State Route 104 crossing the Hood Canal Bridge should make alternate plans starting next weekend. Construction on the Hood Canal Bridge’s center lock system begins Sat., May 13 with a 12-hour overnight closure from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. the following day. Crews will then return Mon., May 15 for three consecutive overnight closures from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Visit bit.ly/3K0wllm for details.
The closures are necessary so contractor crews working for the Washington State Department of Transportation can make permanent repairs to the system that guides both halves of the bridge together. Crews will work in an area only accessible when the bridge’s draw spans are separated. The work and associated total closures to traffic are subject to weather and could be rescheduled to a later date.
First round of scheduled May closures:
- 10 p.m. Sat., May 13 to 10 a.m. Sun., May 14
- 11 p.m. Mon., May 15 to 4 a.m. Tues., May 16
- 11 p.m. Tues., May 16 to 4 a.m. Wed., May 17
- 11 p.m. Wed., May 17 to 4 a.m. Thurs., May 18
Second round of scheduled May closures:
- 10 p.m. Sat., May 20 to 10 a.m. Sun., May 21
- 11 p.m. Mon., May 22 to 4 a.m. Tues., May 23
- 11 p.m. Tues., May 23 to 4 a.m. Wed., May 24
- 11 p.m. Wed., May 24 to 4 a.m. Thurs., May 25